Thanks so much Sarcastically Witty for the nomination! The Liebster Award is an award for blogs with less than 200 followers that you think are worth checking out. It also allows you to pass on the favor by linking to other blogs. The rules (as I understand them) are you answer the questions posed by your nominator, nominate additional blogs, come up with 10 questions for them, and link to the blogs you’re recommending.
Here go my answers:
1. What song you just can’t get out of your head? I know this is silly and some of you may not even know this song but… Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root. I love this song. Oh you know, it’s the one from the end of Matilda when they’re roller blading in the living room for all you 90’s kids ;). For some reason whenever I take an exam it’s on repeat in the back of my mind. Don’t ask me why it just starts playing. And considering the number of exams in PT school it’s rolling around up there a good bit.
Also, more recently on of my best friends and videographer used it for our wedding highlight video, which I absolutely love. So between exams and reliving the wedding feels, it’s never getting out of there.
2. Mention the artifact that you can’t live without. My phone. I know, lame. BUT the reason is because I can’t imagine not having constant access to my email with the constant PT school updates, schedule changes, and assignments.
3. Who is the most important person in your life and why? This one goes to my Dear Boy, best friend, and husband. To begin with I love the kid to death, and I’m so lucky to have him in my life. We met on the very first day of undergrad at Florida State and progressed from study buddies, to friends, to “wish there were more hours in the day to spend together” completely inseparable. Flash forward 6 years from our fist day of college and I can’t imagine my life without him.
4. What is your biggest goal for the next year? Graduate with my doctorate and destroy the National Physical Therapy Exam to become a licensed PT!
5. Describe yourself with three words. Physical, Empathetic, Intellectual
6. Which fictional character from a movie or tv series you think you are most like? Tough call, but I’m going to go with Hermione Granger 🙂 . I know that technically the character is from a novel, but hey they’re movies too! She is analytical, an avid reader, and has a lovely vocabulary. She is unapologetically brilliant, loyal, and ambitious. In fact 90% of the time she’s saving the day, Harry and Ron wouldn’t have made it to 2nd year without her.
So in all honesty I hope that I am most like Hermione. She is definitely much more of a rule stickler than I am, probably has an eidetic memory (I most definitely do not), and is a much better student, but I’ve identified with her from the beginning. The first Harry Potter book came out when I was a 11, and I loved her from the start. She was smart girl who loved to learn and didn’t apologize for being intelligent, or try to marginalize her own skills to make those around her feel better. I’m getting a little carried away… maybe I should just dedicate a whole blog post to Hermione sometime.
7. What is your favorite quote? I’ll give you a couple 😉
Movie Quote: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969). My Dad and I can quote this movie together from start to finish (much to the annoyance to those around us). Not kidding. I love it to pieces and if you haven’t seen it…GO BUY IT NOW! Paul Newman is my favorite actor, and I fell in love with him at 13 after watching this movie. Sundance is even named after this movie! ANYway, I tried to pick just one of my favorite lines.
Sundance Kid: It’s your great ideas that got us into this mess. I never want to hear another one of your great ideas. Ever!
Butch Cassidy: Australia. I thought that secretly you wanted to know so I told you.
Book Quote: love, love, LOVE this quote.
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
8. What is your favorite book? The Giver by Lois Lowry. Not only is it a great dystopian story, but it marked an important reading milestone for me. I read it for the first time at 10yrs old in the 4th grade and it opened up the world of novels. Up until that point I hadn’t delved into chapter books. The Giver held me in rapt attention and set me on the path of novel devourer. I’ve never looked back.
9. What is your worst pet peeve? The first one that comes to mind is egotism. Hate it. I find this particularly grating when the braggadocios individiual has nothing to back up their claims. Just ugh… can’t stand it.
10. If you had three wishes right now, and only now, what would they be? That dogs had human lifespans, that my family would always be healthy and happy, and that we could find cures for all of the currently incurable illnesses.
So here are a few blogs that I enjoy and are TOTALLY worth checking out!
4. Sundog Drift
Questions for the Nominees:
1. What’s the best place you’ve ever visited?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
4. Favorite quote?
5. If any character from a movie or novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why?
6. What was on every one of your birthday and Christmas wish lists as a kid?
7. If you could see any band from any time in concert who would it be?
8. What is your favorite and least favorite holiday and why?
9. What actor would play you in a movie?
10. Why did you start blogging?